Friday, May 04, 2012

Featured Artisan: Tamsy Trends


Source
First off, tell us a little about yourself!

My name is Maite and I am a work-at-home mom. I grew up in the Philippines, but now live in Central Virginia with my husband and our two daughters. I am a self-taught jewelry artist, and an avid reader who loves to travel and see the world.

How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?

About 5 years ago, my youngest child started elementary school and I finally found myself having a little extra time on my hands. I spent most of my new free time crafting. I already knew how to sew so I started sewing stuff for my house – curtains, table cloths and napkins etc.  Then, on a trip to a craft store, I picked up a jewelry making book and starter kit and decided to try to learn how to make necklaces and bracelets.  My thinking then was I would make a couple of pieces for myself and my kids and probably a couple to give to family and friends as Christmas gifts.  Well, needless to say, I got completely hooked and I did not stop making jewelry since then.
Source

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Through the years, I've noticed that I draw a lot of inspiration from the colors I see everyday, whether it be from a nice painting I saw or a certain window display, a garden of flowers, or from the colors of buildings I pass by everyday.

Is there anything else you would like to share?

I really love what I do. I always hope that other people will, likewise, enjoy my creations. Every piece is handmade with care in my smoke free home. I also love working with others to design and create one-of-a-kind pieces they may need for a very special occasion, a special someone or just because :)

Extras:

Shop on Etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/TamsyTrends
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TamsyTrends
Twitter: http://twitter.com/tamsytrends
Tumblr: http://tamsytrends.tumblr.com














0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More