Friday, August 19, 2011

Featured Artisan: Mother's Love on Artfire

Today's Featured Artisan is Natasha of Mother's Love on Artfire.
 
First off, tell us a little about yourself!
 
I work full time at a retail store. I love clothes and keeping up with trends.
I enjoy spending as much time outdoors as possible. Whether it's going to the zoo, or swimming, I just love hanging out with my family. We're a tight nit and like exploring new places together. 
 
I didn't move out to the US until I was 9 years old.  I'm originally from Spain. So my love of bright colors probably stems from there.  I've been to a lot of places so far, and have every intention of traveling more.  So far, I've seen the likes of Amsterdam, Iceland, and Spain.  I still have a long list of places to see in the future. We're just waiting for the little guy to be old enough to remember them too.

How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?  
 
My love for fashion combined with the wish to spend more time with my family inspired me to begin my journey into handmade jewelry. 
 
I took a break from working full time after my son was born. I wanted to devote all my attention to him and be the main person in his life.  After realizing he wasn't much for conversation quite yet, I took some classes and started making my own jewelry just for fun. He slept a lot so it was easy to practice.  Someone suggested selling my creations, so here I am.
 
Where do you get your inspiration from?
I love antiques, so a lot of my more romantic pieces are inspired by vintage jewelry.  My love for the outdoors can probably be seen as well, with my choices in colors and textures.  My goal in general is to capture beauty.  I hope that can be seen.
 
Outside of crafting what else do you enjoy doing? 
 
I love to read. I have a ton of books in my collection and I don't see it getting any smaller. I keep telling my husband that he's going to have to build me a library. 
 
Going out to karaoke is fun too. But just being able to let loose and forget my worries for a little while is great. It's important, you know? 
 
So everyday there is an escape rule in the house. At one point of the day, everyone does something silly to let it all out.
 
 
Is there anything else you would like to share?
All our creations are made by hand in a smoke free, albeit not pet free home. We love our fur-babies and try our best to keep them away from the work space. But sometimes, it's just inevitable.
 
 
 
 
Links:
 
 
Thanks for the lovely interview, Natasha.
 

3 Comments:

Natasha's jewelry is beautiful. The bracelet of silver chainmaille with the etched, green stone is stunning and it's hard not to stare at it ... reminds me of sea glass with its soft matte finish.

beautiful jewelry designs. Thank you for sharing

I really appreciate everyone's comments. Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More