Friday, May 18, 2012

Featured Artisan: Tumblestone Handmakery


Source
First off, tell us a little about yourself!

I've been happily married for 4 years and I'm a mother to a 21 year old sassy cat! Unable to have children of my own, my kitty is my bebe. I'm quite the goofy character, a sense of humour is important! I love to read, up until I started Tumblestone Handmakery, I would always have a book with me, I'm a non-fiction buff and addicted to learning about anything and everything. I especially enjoy Geography and Anthropology. Put a blank globe in front of me and I could point out any country and tell you all about it! I'm a total nerd at heart - and I love it!

Source
How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?
I have been creating jewelry on and off my entire life. I hadn't been artsy at all for a couple of years until I came across Fallen Angel Brass.
I immediately fell in love with their components and knew I needed to make myself some jewelry using their findings. When I posted my creations on line, I got so many compliments and requests that I decided to start Tumblestone. It's been going strong ever since and I have a sewing and mosaic section as well that is doing just as well. It's quite funny because I hadn't touched a sewing machine since failing horribly at it in high school until December '11. (All sewing projects are on my Facebook page shown at the bottom of this interview)

Source
Where do you get your inspiration from?
I'm not quite sure to be honest... I never know what I'm going to create before I create it, I don't draw out designs and I cant envision something before it is made. When I make a piece of jewelry I think of it as a puzzle.
I like to have all of my beads, stones and components all there in front of me and I play and piece things together until I get the "That's it!" epiphany.
I don't put pieces together and hope people like it, I make pieces that I fall in love with and would love to own myself. There is love in every piece.

Is there anything else you would like to share?
If there is something that you want to do but you dont know how, ask around and just do it! You never know what will come of it. Even just 6 months ago I never would have expected any of this. I had never touched a sewing machine or could even tell you what a blog was!


Extras:
You may include links to your Facebook, Blog, Twitter, etc

Facebook fan page: http://facebook.com/tumblestone.handmakery
Online shop: http://tumblestone.storenvy.com
Blog: http://tumblestonehandmakery.blogspot.ca
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tumblestones


4 Comments:

Yay! Thanks for featuring me :)
You have a great many talents on here! I love reading through the features!

That first necklace is really beautiful, I love it.

You're welcome @Tumblestone Handmakery.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Tereza. I agree, the first necklace is beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More