Friday, May 11, 2012

Featured Artisan: Creative Atelier

Source
First off, tell us a little about yourself!

My name is Iveth Caruso, and Creative Atelier reflects my attraction for simple and minimal jewelry in which the structures I use are relatively simple but they form elegant designs. I always aim for simplicity. I like strong lines, intense colors and quality materials. I make my jewelry with a lot of dedication and attention to detail from my home studio in sunny Georgia.

How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?

Since I was a child I saw my mother make all sorts of crafts. My mom is the most creative and resourceful person I know. I specially remember a set of paper mâché puppets she made for us. They were such a lovely artistic creation. I have been interested in art and design for a long time, but I didn't start making jewelry until about ten years ago, part of it is because I refuse to buy mass produce jewelry.
Source
Where do you get your inspiration from?

Before or after Pinterest? I used to cut out interesting ideas from magazines and organize them in binders. Artwork pictures, color schemes, plants, and many more. In my opinion Mother Nature, like many artist has tried all styles but she invented "minimalist". My mind is always at work, I have a sketch book that I carry with me at all times. Sometimes I write ideas and some other times I paint little sketches of future pieces.
 

Source
Is there anything else you would like to share?

Yes of course!

Please visit and follow my blog here: http://www.creativeatelier.net/

If you rather follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/creativeatelier
 
And please favorite my Storenvy shop here: http://creativeatelier.storenvy.com/ 


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More