Friday, August 26, 2011

Featured Artisan: Creations By Sierra

Today's featured artisan is Allyson of Creations By Sierra.  Allyson makes uniquely crafted hand-crocheted bracelets, and necklaces.



First off, tell us a little about yourself!
I am 36 years old and a nurse by profession,  I have 2 beautiful children Sierra who is 6 and Savannah that is 3 months. I also have a loving and supportive husband and we all live in Hershey Pa.






How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?
I started making jewelry in 2009 after seeing our next doors neighbors daughters jewelry. I went to the craft store picked up what I needed along with a couple of books and over the years I have gone from simple beaded jewelry to the crocheted jewelry that I sell today. It's funny it was never my intention to sell the jewelry I made but after numerous peoples compliments I started to selling the items right off of me.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

My inspiration comes from many areas but the majority of my creative ideas comes from my children's toys. The bright colors give me the color combinations that make my jewelry unique and fun. 

Outside of crafting what else do you enjoy doing? 
Outside of my crafting I love playing with my daughters and our dogs. I also like to travel and sometimes just sit and read a good book.

Is there anything else you would like to share?
I would just like to say that too anyone who makes specially handcrafted products. Do not be afraid to show your work and be proud of your accomplishments, because not everyone can do what we do. "Let know one stand between you and your own success"
 

Links:



Thanks for the lovely interview, Allyson!



0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More