Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Facebook Page Etsy Mini

Etsy Sellers: I just thought I should share with you an alternative way to add an Etsy Mini to your Fan Page while Etsy works out the kinks. Hopefully this will work for you as it did for me, it may require a little patience to get it to work.
Go to your Facebook Page and search for "My Stuff" (gigya) application. Make sure to put a space between the two words when you search.
  • Load the mystuff (gigya) application to your Fan page you will need to grab the Etsy Mini code to put in there.
  • Go to Etsy- At your Etsy go to the bottom left of the page and click on Etsy Mini.
  • Build your widget however you want to show your Etsy items from your shop or items from your favorites.
  • Scroll down to copy the code for flash.
  • Click or copy the code for the Flash version.
  • Go to the My Stuff tab on your Fan Page click edit and paste it in. It will show up in the My stuff Tab.
  • To move it to your Wall, Click on the boxes tab and click Add to wall.
Etsy
AnnaKayCreations

Here is the link to mine. http://www.facebook.com/AnnaKayCreations#/AnnaKayCreations?v=app_2352149512&viewas=0






8 Comments:

Thanks for the great info! I've been trying to improve my Facebook business page and this will really help

Good Luck. Hope it works out for you :)

This is great and I've used Etsy mini all over my site, and thanks to your help got it on my personal profile page. How did you get it on your Fan Page? I don't have a "my stuff" tab on my fan page.... *curious*

Hi StonTosser. You need to visit your facebook page and in the search box search for MY STUFF (It's the gigya application). Once you find the application, you should be able to load it to your fan page and then grab your Etsy mini code and add it there. I hope this helps.

Thank you for posting this info! I've got the thing loaded into MyStuff. Now where do I go to get it to post on my fan page Wall? I've got a tab that says MyStuff, but none that says boxes. If I go to MyStuff I don't see an option to move it to the wall. Thanks!
Janet - Honey from the Bee

Hey Janet, Go to your box tab on your page and find the application there, it should give you and option to post the application to your wall. If it doesn't work out let me know.... Good Luck!!

Great help! I was a little confused by the Etsy tutorial - your step-by-step instructions helped me complete my Facebook fan page!

Thanks again!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoorJean

Thank you. I'm glad I could help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More