Friday, April 20, 2012

Featured Artisan: Victorian Edge

First off, tell us a little about yourself!

Well, I'm a military spouse and mom stationed in Fort Lewis, WA. We've been in the military for over 6 years and my husband is going to deploy for the 3rd time at the end of this month. I have a 3 yr old son who is such a sweetheart and makes having children seem like a breeze. I don't think I could have asked for a better kid. Not really being conventional getting a job to past the time was not on my agenda. So I joined a roller derby team here on post back in 2008.

Turns out I have a knack for it, I've had only one major injury. I broke a leg bone Eeeek I know but it happens derby is tough. Didn't stop me in fact I came back even better then before. Skating can get expensive though I needed a more profitable hobby.


How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?



Completely bored one day I decided to go to Joanns fabric and get some yarn and teach myself to crochet. As soon as I walked through the doors I was sidetracked by Pink and sparkly. Just lots of pink and sparkly. Turns out they were beads!! I had never made jewelery before or even thought about it.

I bought a jewelry making kit went home and started immediately completely forgetting about the crochet venture I had in my mind. And I was hooked without a doubt hooked. Went back and got more and then went back and got even more. Then realized I could not afford to keep this up and also didn't know what to do with all this jewelry. And walla I decided to sell it and keep my hobby going. I will have been making jewelry for 4 months at the end of this April.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
Romance, Steampunk, Victorian era, vintage and historical styles all hugely inspire me. I love all things old for some reason, always have even when I was young. I remember decorating my room in Shakespearean style as a teen. lol Everyone else had posters and stuff and I had a gorgeous antique desk and lace walls! I love LOVE!!

Is there anything else you would like to share?

I just hope people like what I do. Art school is definitely in my future.

you can find my stuff here: http://victorianedgejewelry.storenvy.com/

LIKE me on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victorian-Edge-jewelry/305814569462126

Follow me on Pinterest! I'm Pinter obsessed:http://pinterest.com/writteninward/

2 Comments:

The first necklace is really beautiful, I love the details.

Thanks for commenting Tereza :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More