Friday, July 20, 2012

Featured Artisan: Linda B

First off, tell us a little about yourself!
I'm Linda B and I'm married to my high school sweetheat and we have 3 furry
cat children. I love to watch the cats and play with them; they're very
social and spoiled rotten.



Source

 

How did you start creating your jewelry, and how long have you been doing it?
My passion is creating gemstone and glass and wire wrapped jewelry. I
specialize in Jewish jewelry and accessories, including earrings, necklaces
and beaded wire kippot (headcoverings). My inspirations come from the
shapes and colors of the beads and may be a variation of a design I've seen
in a beading magazine. Most of my designs feature some type of movement; I
love swirls and squiggles.



Source




Outside of crafting, what else do you enjoy doing?
I work full time and beading is a way to express my creativity. I remember
beading with pony beads as a kid, and was reintroduced to the art at a
women's meeting. We made bracelets with bells and ribbon while listening to
a speaker and I was hooked, or should I say wired? LOL I've been creating
jewelry for about 7 years now and online for about 4 years.

 









Where do you get your inspiration from?
Reading books is another favorite thing to do. After a long day, I love to
immerse myself in a good detective novel or thriller. I do read ebooks, but
I prefer to turn the pages on a real book. One of my dreams is to have a
pajama party at a library. Ours is by a river and has a fireplace, it would
be so perfect.

You can find me online in a ton of places - I love social media:

www.lindab142.etsy.com
www.lindab142.artfire.com
www.linorstorecom.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/linorstore
www.twitter.com/lindab142
www.pinterest.com/lindab142
www.wanelo.com/lindab142





3 Comments:

Very nice interview. Really like her jewelry. :)

That first necklace is really beautiful.

@Almost Precious and @Tereza thank you for taking the time to comment..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More