Friday, June 17, 2011

Featured Artisan: BibeezBaby

Hello everyone, please welcome our featured artisan, Frances of BibeezBaby.





First off, tell us a little about yourself!

Hey there! My name is Frances and I am an Air Force wife and stay at home mom to my magnificent son-and I LOVE it!

My husband and I have been married 5 years and I praise God for all he has provided us during this wonderful time. 

In the past 5 years we have had 7 different addresses that have spanned the United States, it's been very exciting. Before we had our son, I worked as a preschool teacher which didn't pay much but, has given me a whole basketful of funny stories!  My favorite story is of a little girl in Oklahoma. I asked her what we used our feet for and she replied "Kickin' armadillos."  There you have it. I love my life.  

Now we are blessed with the most independent, inquisitive and energetic 1 year old you could ever meet. I am never bored, never without someone to talk to, and never, ever short on smiles.
 
How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?

I've known how to sew basic projects since I can remember- you know the basic apron, or pillow. 

I started diving in to sewing as a hobby after my son was born in order to carve out a little "me" time. It quickly turned in to much more than a hobby, and I haven't looked back since.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Oh goodness. So many things really!  I am inspired by the women in my family- They are such positive role models, and a great example of how to balance being a wife, a mother, and a creative individual. Obviously my little boy, and my husband, they make me smile, they give me ideas, and they help to get me out of my "creative ruts" when I stress or over think things.  I'm inspired by fabric, rain, trees in the fall, laughing, children's books, ice cream shops, and my grandmother's quilts. 

Outside of crafting what else do you enjoy doing? 

I love family time. I've recently taken up jogging and I'm really enjoying it. I love to bake (and eat the products of baking, which is why I started jogging.
ha!) I enjoy trying new foods, reading, and window shopping!

Is there anything else you would like to share?

Sure! Diet Coke is my favorite. I think my husband is awesome. I love blankets and brand new socks. I mostly make patchwork items because I have trouble choosing just one fabric :-)

LINKS


Twitter: @bibeezbaby


Frances, thanks for allowing me to share your work with my readers :)

2 Comments:

Great interview! I love the patchwork style in BibeezBaby's work! ~Val

I like that colorful bag! So happy and cheery

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More